Saturday, December 6, 2008

Semester Reflection

As I reflect on the wealth of knowledge I've gained this past semester, I am particularly thankful for the information learned in English 690. Throughout the semester I described this class through a variety of metaphors. It was the one class that "kept me grounded" and reminded me why I chose the MAPC program. English 690 was also "the glue" or "piece of the puzzle" that made everything come together. Other classes this semester were a little too theory heavy and often lacked a practical element. However, this was not the case with this class. English 690 perfectly combined the theoretical and practical elements of professional communication. This class also allowed me to apply the overabundance of theory I learned in other classes. During multiple readings and class discussions I often had "Ah ha!" moments. Finally, Socrates, Plato, and the like made sense! Without this class this semester, I probably would have questioned my decision to enroll in the MAPC program. I am extremely thankful for English 690, and I am looking forward to other classes like it in the program. Thanks for a great semester!

No comments: